Thursday, January 26, 2006

Coffee


Coffee is one of those things, like fly fishing, that I love everything about. The taste, the ceremony, the effects and most of all the aroma. The smell of coffee is one of the best smells I can remember.
At home we use a French press, which I think is about the easiest and best way to make coffee. We haven't roasted our own beans yet but I plan to, expect to hear about it happens.
I am somewhat of a coffee snob in that I prefer dark, full bodied coffees and consider instant coffee a privation of war. With that said I will drink pretty much any coffee except Dunkin Donuts coffee, which I think tastes like boiled Styrofoam. In West Hartford center there are several places to get coffee: 59ers, Xando, a couple of bagel shops, several fine restaurants and of course the ubiquitous Starbucks. People toss all sorts of pointy things at Starbucks' coconut, some justified, some not. You can hang out there read, drink and look at fauxbos and ladies from Avon struggle with their overcomplicated drink orders, which is always amusing.

No comments: