Saturday, April 15, 2006

A Healthy Glow


"May you live in interesting times", the old Scottish curse certainly applies to our generation . Maybe I'm just a worry wart, but I would sleep much better if Iran and North Korea did not have nuclear weapons. Why signal out these two nations? Iran president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has called for the annihilation of Israel and this weirdo running North Korea can't be trusted alone with the family pet.
But what to do? Nuke these countries and their citizens into glowing cinders? Nothing? Something in between? I don't know. I'm glad it's not my call. But I do know this, appeasement in the face of aggression only begets more aggression. Do we really want to see a world in which the hopes and dreams of Kim Jong-il and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad are realized?

No comments: