Monday, April 17, 2006

Right Thing, Wrong Reason


Jane Fonda won't tour the U.S. to oppose the war in Iraq because she feels she has too much baggage from opposing the Vietnam War. No shit.
"I wanted to do a tour like I did during the Vietnam War, a tour of the country," the Oscar-winning actress said Monday on ABC's "Good Morning America." "But then Cindy Sheehan filled in the gap, and she is better at this than I am. I carry too much baggage."

Just once I would like to hear some 60s lefty admit they were wrong about, among other things, the Khmer Rouge, the Viet Cong and the nature of Communist regimes in general from the Soviet Union to Cuba. It would also be refreshing to see Jane Fonda have a sit down with John McCain, I wonder how that would play?

1 comment:

CultMan said...

Yeah, check out Peru's communist nutcase too, from drudge et al....
find the article, 'cause it is a slam dunk against Communist wackos....