Tuesday, July 04, 2006

With Friends Like This....

Hillary Clinton, trying to sound principled, is ditching Joe Lieberman if he is not the victorious in the Democratic primary:
"I've known Joe Lieberman for more than 30 years. I have been pleased to support him in his campaign for re-election, and hope that he is our party's nominee. But I want to be clear that I will support the nominee chosen by Connecticut Democrats in their primary. I believe in the Democratic Party, and I believe we must honor the decisions made by Democratic primary voters."
What we are seeing here is HRC walking on eggshells not piss off the "No Blood For Oil " crowd while still appearing presidential to reasonable people, just in case she might run for a national office someday. Sorry Joe, if it's any consolation, Pets R Us down on on Route 1 is having a sale on puppies, maybe you can find some loyalty there.

No comments: