Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Sublime to the Ridiculous


Timothy Holder an Anglican priest in the Bronx has introduced hip-hop language to the liturgy so that th ... I'm not sure why he did it, maybe he was just trying to be relevant in the most irrelevant way possible. But thanks to the Rev. Holder, the 23rd Psalm has been reduced to:
The Lord is all that, I need for nothing. He allows me to chill. He keeps me from being heated and allows me to breathe easy. He guides my life so that I can represent and give shouts out in his Name. And even though I walk through the Hood of death, I don't back down for you have my back. The fact that you have me covered allows me to chill. He provides me with back-up in front of my player-haters and I know that I am a baller and life will be phat. I fall back in the Lord's crib for the rest of my life.

I suppose it's no worse than translating Poe's The Raven into Klingon.

No comments: