Saturday, December 02, 2006

Danny Glover Quote


"One of the main purveyors of violence in this world has been this country, whether it’s been against Nicaragua or wherever...I’ve been an advocate for peace my whole life. But one of the main purveyors of violence in this world is this country."

Please allow me to retort:
Saw
Lethal Weapon 1
Lethal Weapon 2
Lethal Weapon 3
Lethal Weapon 4
Predator 2
Out, amongst many others.
Newsflash Danny - you are part of the problem. You have been in 90 or so films and TV shows almost half of which are violent. Some of these films are great and illuminating, i.e. Witness some are awful, violent, schlock such as Predator 2.
Don't get me wrong, I love a good violent flick as much as the next guy, probably more so. But if one wants to pontificate like the Dali Lama and avoid being called a hypocrite, one might want to refrain from buttering ones beans with paychecks from the Lethal Weapon series of films.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crackin me up