Saturday, March 17, 2007

or so he says...

Trillian, my better half, is in Florida right now with her best friend. I’m here in New Hartford with our dogs, Henry and Jelly.

Last night Trillian called me from a cafe in Key West. They were outdoors and had just finished their meal. They were watching the fire eaters.

Here in Connecticut, I had built a fire in the wood-stove and was watching Al Gore’s opus while 7 inches of global warming fell outside.

You probably think I’m writing this as some kind of complaint. Actually, no.

Don’t get me wrong. I’d love to be in Key West right now. Also, I vastly prefer to be with Trillian than to be apart from her. Even so, I don’t really mind winter (for the most part). And the fire in the wood-stove keeps the body quite comfortable. Henry and Jelly comfort the soul.

No comments: