Saturday, June 09, 2007

Paris Hilton, Valerie Plame, Terror at JFK, Reduced Tuition for Illegal Immigrants

Sorry for the light blogging, I've been busy watching the non-stop Paris Hilton coverage. I kid of course, I kid because I love.
For those of you without belly button lint to card, here are my thoughts, in no particular order, on the whole Paris debacle:
  • In a way, I feel bad for her. This is probably the first time in her life that she's be held to account for anything. Her parents need to be slapped smartly across the face with a month old carp.
  • Celebrity justice is either a wink, wink, nudge, nudge or ridiculously harsh.
  • I wonder if she'll be in one of those Cinemax prison flicks after this?
  • Judging by the press coverage of this event, the world must be an otherwise perfect place.
  • In another more accurate way, I wouldn't be troubled if she were devoured by prison rats, as long as there was video of it.
Joe Wilson and Valerie Plame were on the boob tube yesterday morning getting an award by Physicians for Social Responsibility, who apparently have treated every sick, indigent person in the world, that or they are a group of bleeding hypocrites. As far as my limited attention span can tell, Plamegate is pretty much a non story fanned by partisan hackery. Scooter Libby? Screw him. That's what he gets for walking around with a queer nickname.
I get the impression from Plame and Wilson that when you lift up a rock in Washington D.C. they are the types of things you see scurrying around, searching like mad for their publicists and a consistent story.

Terror at JFK. I'm amused that the terrorist thought America as whole would be morally devastated if the airport named for the beloved slain president were damaged or destroyed. What a bunch of maroons. I hate to admit this, but a successful terror event in the New York Metro area is only a matter of when, not if. Mayor Bloomberg has shielded New Yorkers from the evils of second hand smoke and trans fats, so I'm sure that he has had enough time to consider the perils of nuclear, biological and chemical weapons. Sleep well Gotham.

Illegals to get in state tuition here in Connecticut. Why do we have such a problem with illegal immigration in this country? In most of the world, in most situations, if you break the law you get penalized. Here in Connecticut the senate has approved a bill that would allow illegal immigrants to pay in state tuition. Come on in, not only will we not enforce our own laws we will reward you for breaking them.

No comments: