So without further blathering, here are the top five pointless gestures to raise awareness or what have you.
- A twenty four hour drive by shooting marathon to raise awareness about urban violence and hybrid vehicles.
- The US Army's new, super high tech, twelve million dollar, web based podcast to recruit the Amish.
- Nathan's Hot dogs sponsors a hot dog eating contest to raise awareness about bulimia and animal rights.
- A worldwide ticker tape parade to raise awareness about profligate littering and pointless gestures.
- Barbara Streisand tours the world in a private jet and chauffeured limousines, owns several homes, comprising of at least 80,000 square feet of heated and air conditioned living space, makes her living selling plastic discs double wrapped in two different types of plastic that require yet more energy to use, but she's coming to your town tomorrow for $175 a seat to tell you how you should live if you want to save the environment. (This one isn't fiction.)