Thursday, September 25, 2008

Well I guess I'm living in a biased society, alas

A bold new way to slam Whitey

Jonathan Kay, National Post Published: Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Jerry Seinfeld: Hello? Who is this? Donna Chang? Oh, I'm sorry, I must have dialed the wrong number.

Elaine: Benes Donna Chang?

Jerry: Should have talked to her. I love Chinese women.

Elaine: Isn't that a little racist?

Jerry: If I like their race, how can that be racist?
-- Seinfeld Episode #90, The Chinese Woman, Oct. 13, 1994.

Great question, Jerry. And I know exactly the guy who can answer it: Pierre Deschamps. On Friday, the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal (HRT) adjudicator became the first jurist in recorded human history to convict someone of racial discrimination for praising visible minorities.

Read the whole thing.

No comments: