Wednesday, November 02, 2005

One Year Ago Today

Dutch film maker Theo Van Gogh the great, great, grandson of art dealer Theo Van Gogh was murdered on the streets of Amsterdam by Islamicist Mohammed Bouyeri. Here is a poem by the ever charming Bouyeri:

BAPTIZED IN BLOOD
So these are my last words…
riddled with bullets…
baptized in blood…
as I had hoped.
I am leaving a message…
for you… the fighter…
the Tawheed tree is waiting…
yearning for your blood…
enter the bargain…
and Allah opens the way…
He gives you a garden…
instead of the Earthly rubble.
To the enemy I say…
You will surely die…
Wherever in the world you go…
Death is waiting for you…
Chased by the knights of DEATH…
who paint the streets with Red.
For the hypocrites I have one final word…
Wish DEATH or hold your tongue… and sit.
Dear Brothers and Sisters, my end is nigh…
But this does not end the story.

You can watch Van Gogh's short film the one that got him killed, Submission, here:
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2655656?htv=12

No comments: