Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Blasphemy at The Corner

I'm a regular reader of the Corner over at National Review Online and came across this little gem today:

My problem with cormac mccarthy

I just came back this week from a vacation and had a chance to do some casual reading, which included Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian. I had never read any McCarthy before, and he has a certain power. But I can't say I enjoyed slogging through the two-thirds of the book that involves detailed descriptions of guys wandering through the desert. I know this is mood music and know it provides some relief from all the blood-letting, but it makes the book feel like a padded-out novella.


Blasphemy, utter blasphemy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That dude needs to be spend a week out in the desert with The Judge and Chigurh.

Check out the cast for the Coen brothers adapatation of No Country...I have my fingers crossed.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0477348/