Friday, May 11, 2007

Katie Couric

Linda Mason a CBS Senior Vice President thinks that Katie Couric is having a hard time because we the bumpkins in dog-patch prefer our news read by white, older men:
I'm just surprised at how, almost 30 years after I worked on the "Evening News" as the first woman producer, that Katie is having such a tough time being accepted by the public, which seems to prefer the news from white guys, and now that Charlie's doing so well, from older white guys. I guess they want the reassurance of a Walter Cronkite.

It could be that or maybe people just don't like like Katie Couric. I may be a bad judge because I don't watch any network news, but if I were to do so I would avoid Couric like a case of bleeding gonorrhea. Why? Because she's on CBS news which is about as trustworthy a news source as Baghdad Bob and she's as annoying as nails on a chalkboard.
Newsflash Linda, Walter Cronkite was a lying son of a bitch too, but back then we didn't have the internet to fact check his commie loving ass. You could have replaced Dan Rather with Mahatma Gandhi after Rathergate and it wouldn't have made a difference. The days of network news have passed.

No comments: